By DailyNewsUG Health Correspondent
Prime Minister Ruhakana Rugunda has gone into isolation after some of the people he was in contact with tested positive for Covid-19.
RUGUNDA: Uganda’s Servant
Current and Previous roles
- Prime Minister
- Minister of Information
- Minister of Internal Affairs
- Minister of Health
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Minister of Information and Communication Technology
- Minister of Works, Transport & Communication
- Minister of Water, Lands & the Environment
- Commissioner for Animal Industry, Game and Fisheries
- Chairman of NRM Electoral Commission
- Member of Parliament for Kabale Municipality and
- President of the Governing Council of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP).
“Friends, I have gone into self-isolation after some of my contacts tested positive for #COVID19. My own test result is negative, however, I have taken this decision as a health recommended measure,” the Prime Minister tweeted on Friday, just minutes after the Ministry of Health said 35 more people had tested positive for the virus, pushing the country’s tally of confirmed cases to 557.