By DailyNewsUg Business Correspondent
UMEME, Uganda’s leading energy Company and the largest energy distributor in Uganda, distributing 97 percent of all electricity used in the country has an Annual General Meting that is currently underway.
Umeme is the largest electricity distribution company in Uganda. Umeme is mandated to operate, maintain, upgrade and expand the distribution network, retail electricity to its customers and improve efficiency within the electricity distribution system.
An annual general meeting (AGM) is a mandatory yearly gathering of a company’s interested shareholders. At the AGM, the directors of the company present an annual report containing information for shareholders about the company’s performance and strategy.
UMEME AGM AGENDA
- To receive the annual financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2017 and the directors and auditors reports thereon
- To receive and adopt recommendations of the Directors on declaration of a final dividend for 2017
- To approve the appointment of external auditors for the year 2018
- To elect directors in place of those retiring in accordance with the provisions of the Company’s Articles of Association
- To conduct any other business that may be conducted at the AGM
UMEME AGM OVERVIEW
- Safety performance
- Electricity demand & macro update
- 2017 Investments
- Operational & financial update
- Electricity generation update
- Summary & Outlook
For more information on UMEME AGM Details please click on link below